Thursday, January 21, 2021

Pressed coin collection

I have been actively chasing after pressed coins since 2019 but truth be told, I picked up the habit way back in 2016 during my trip in Langkawi.  I have completely forgotten about these elongated coins until I came across the, "Coinage Passport", that I bought during my stay on the island.

I must admit that I am quite happy to have found this long forgotten album which rekindled my interest in finding as many of these pressed machines in Malaysia.
You can see there are several of these coins are out of alignment.  I understand the machines need to be calibrated after a number of presses else it will begin to misalign.
I hope to revisit Langkawi in the near future and see if there are any new designs since my last visit.  It would be nice if the old designs are still there so I am able to get the aligned versions.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home